Skin Cancer Awareness Month
Do you use protection?
- Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States.
- Estimates are that 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime.
- Sadly, nearly 20 Americans die from melanoma every day.
- UV exposure is the most preventable risk factor for all skin cancers.
- Dress to protect yourself from the sun by wearing long sleeves, pants, wide-brimmed hats, and sunglasses with UV protection.
- Seek shade. Especially from 10am to 2pm when sun’s rays are the strongest.
- Apply a broad-spectrum water-resistant sunscreen with a SPF of 30 or higher to all skin not covered by clothing. Reapply every two hours or after swimming or sweating.